Legends (clockwise from top left)
- DRC Past Director & Associate Director M. Alan Permutt, M.D. with Washington University School of Medicine Diabetes Day 2011 guest speaker Michael W. Schwartz, M.D., University of Washington.
- A single adult human islet demonstrating proliferating b- and non-b-cells. Paraffin section of intact islet. Ki-67 (red), DAPI (blue) and insulin (green) (image courtesy of the McDaniel Laboratory).
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine Diabetes Day 2011 Poster Presentation.
- Lipid droplets stained with Nile Red from the fat tissue of a fruit fly larvae that has been eating a high sugar diet. The dark areas are the nuclei of individual cells (image courtesy of the Baranski Laboratory).
- Foam cells (image courtesy of the Bernal Laboratory).
- Vascular cross section (Image courtesy of the Bernal Laboratory).
- Adult human islets dispersed into single cells demonstrating proliferating and non-proliferating b-cells. Ki-67 (red), DAPI (blue) and insulin (green) (Image courtesy of the McDaniel Laboratory).
Please acknowledge the Washington University DRC in your publications as follows: "Supported by DRC, Grant No. P30 DK020579"