– Lei X, Zhang S, Bohrer A, Bao S, Song H, Ramanadham S. The group VIA calcium-independent phospholipase A2 participates in ER stress-induced INS-1 insulinoma cell apoptosis by promoting ceramide generation via hydrolysis of sphingomyelins by neutral sphingomyelinase. Biochemistry 2007; 46: 10170-85. PMID: 17685585
– Bao S, Li Y, Lei X, Wohltmann M, Jin W, Bohrer A, Semenkovich CF, Ramanadham S, Tabas I, Turk J. Attenuated free cholesterol loading-induced apoptosis but preserved phospholipid composition of peritoneal macrophages from mice that do not express group VIA phospholipase A2. J Biol Chem. 2007; 282: 27100-14. PMID: 17627946
– Lei X, Zhang S, Bohrer A, Ramanadham S. Calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2 beta)-mediated ceramide generation plays a key role in the cross-talk between the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and mitochondria during ER stress-induced insulin-secreting cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2008; 283: 34819-3. PMID: 18936091
– Lei X, Zhang S, Barbour SE, Bohrer A, Ford EL, Koizumi A, Papa FR, Ramanadham S. Spontaneous development of endoplasmic reticulum stress that can lead to diabetes mellitus is associated with higher calcium-independent phospholipase A2 expression: a role for regulation by SREBP-1. J Biol Chem. 2010; 285: 6693-705 .PMID: 20032468
– Sharma J, Turk J, & McHowat J. Endothelial cell prostaglandin I2 and platelet-activating factor production are markedly attenuated in the calcium-independent Phospholipase A2β knockout mouse. Biochemistry. 2010; 49: 5473-81. PMID: 20521843 (2010).